Thursday, March 10, 2011

There's a first time for everything.....

I've been thinking about writing a blog for more than a year. Not that my voice alone will change the world, but if I make a few people think, then that's good for me too!

I'm currently an HR professor at Southeast Missouri State University, specializing in practitioner development and work/life. I realized a few years ago that I worked in corporate because I had to pay the bills, but I taught at night because I loved it....so after many anxious conversations with my dearest husband, I took the plunge and enrolled in a PhD program.

I feel like I bring a unique perspective to the classroom, I was a comp and benefits coordinator for 3 years, an HR director for 3 years, and worked in the welfare system to help recipients find jobs for a year. This experience gives me a lot of background to draw on in the classroom!

More importantly than what I do, is who I am....a Mom and a wife. My husband and son are my world, and everything I do is for their benefit.

Hope you enjoy reading my thoughts......I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment